Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stress Relief

Now that my office is clean and organized, I feel like I can think once again, and consequently start blogging again. Life got pretty chaotic for awhile.

I see that my last post was about the February bombing in Jos. Well, since then, we have also had a March bombing and a June bombing, as well as numerous other security issues.

Today I attended a women's gathering and one of the things we talked about was how to manage our stress levels. Here are a few I jotted down:

--Take a weekly Sabbath rest (24 hours of no work and nothing stressful).
--Exercise (walking, zumba).
--Practice self-care.
--Get a pedicure in your home. One woman suggested a pedicure party. Bring your own bucket for soaking your feet and then give each other pedicures.
--Get a massage.
--Find a Bible verse as a reminder of God's promises. Post it everywhere.
--Ask God to help you see beauty in your surroundings today.
--Introduce play into your life and work. This will make you more productive in your work.
--Laugh.
--Play non-competitive games.
--Have your personal devotion time.
--Read a good book
--Watch some slapstick comedy.
--Spend time talking to your spouse.
--Spend time talking to a friend.

Well, I'm off to make supper for my family, and then later tonight I'll read aloud from Cheaper by the Dozen. It's been raining/drizzling all day long so it will be nice to have a cozy evening together--all we need now is a fireplace!

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

Good to know that you are safe and still working and being a mom and wife. You write so well, that I sure miss your posts when you don't write. Of course, my blogs are neglected for even longer, so don't do as I do.

Sandy said...

I am sooo glad to see your post. We are praying for all of you there in the area of Jos...every week on Thursday evening and every Sunday morning. and whenever we hear more on the news.

My husband recently did a series of sermons from 1Peter. You were on my heart all the time.
now I will pray that you and all of those ladies will find time for some of those things on your list.

Please tell your friends and the ladies in the Bezer home that people in England are praying for you them.
God bless.
Sandy in the UK