Monday, January 12, 2009

Life is Full

For a couple of years, I've been fairly intentional about not using the word 'busy' too much. I don't like to have "I'm too busy" be the first words out of my mouth.

So, let me not say that I've been too busy to blog; let me just say: Life is full, and life is good!

Sometimes it's a little too full, but we're working on that...

You know your life is too full when you bake your Christmas cookies on January 2! The other day Tobi asked me when we're going to put the frosting on them!

We had our 12th wedding anniversary on Dec. 28. Bayo took the kids to church, and I took a sick baby to the hospital. It wasn't how I had planned to spend the day, but it was significant to the life of that child.

Interestingly enough, out of the five families who live on our compound, three of the couples were married on December 28!! Two of the couples married in 1991, and we followed in 1996.

The other day someone asked when we were married, and when I told them, they just groaned because they couldn't imagine having Christmas and weddding all at the same time. I don't remember it being difficult--probably because our plans were extremely simple.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I remember Dec. 28 1996 vividly. it was a gorgeous day, and your wedding was a joyful uplifting experience. I am so glad I got to be there!