Friday, March 19, 2010

The Dust Is Back!!

With the three good rains we had this week, I figured we could say good-bye to dry season. When I looked outside this morning, it looked like we were surrounded by thick fog. My brain couldn't even comprehend that it might be dust...but it is, and THICK dust at that. I don't think I have ever seen harmattan (dust) this heavy before.

In fact, at noon I noticed something different about Bayo and took a good look at his face: yes, there was a heavy layer of gray dust on those black lashes.

Well, I'm off to bed now. I'll try not to think about the blanket of dust that will be covering us as we sleep.

2 comments:

LoieJ said...

Did the dust blow in from somewhere else? Or did it the rain moisture just get absorbed so much by the dry dirt? This type of thing is a puzzle to me, but I understand your feelings of thinking that the dry was over when the rains came. Here we had unseasonably warm weather, and now it is "normal" again: cold.

conniez said...

My Friedn!! You made me laugh out loud. Describing Harmattan doesn't do it justice. Hnag in for teh rains like we are hanging in for warmth:)