Saturday, December 19, 2009

An Eventful Saturday: Part II

After the orphan Christmas party, I rushed home, changed into wedding attire and got to the reception venue about 3 p.m. The wedding had probably started at 11 a.m., and the reception hadn't even started by the time I got there. When the bride and groom made their grand entrance, I couldn't even get close enough to get a good picture. We'll just have to settle for a shot of some of the 10 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen.


There was a live band playing really good Nigerian dance music. Lots of 'talking drums' too. Sorry, no photo of that this time. Have I ever mentioned that ALL Nigerians are really good dancers? They dance with confidence as these fluid moves flow out of their bodies. I've come to the conclusion that they acquire their rhythm by the time they're 3 years old; hence, it's impossible for someone like me to ever catch up.



The reception hall was packed. Lily and I had some great seats against the wall so we could really see everything that was going on. (Bayo was taking care of some ministry details and the boys were in the pool.)



The 'satellite dish' headtie is ever-popular at events such as this. I was even wearing a red one myself. I'll have to get a picture the next time.


And Lily's friend was the "little bride."  Lily thoroughly enjoyed everything about the reception.  She soaked in every detail.


2 comments:

Sandi said...

What a full day! In the picture of the "little bride", is that Lily in the yellow dress beside her? Will there be a wedding to go to in February? If so, I'll be ready!

Mary Beth said...

Lily is not in the picture. I don't know that little girl. Surely there will be a wedding or two or three to go to in February! But I think we'll leave Grandpa at home!