Thursday, May 21, 2009

Clothing Sizes

What's happening to clothing sizes in the U.S.? Bayo just came back from the U.S. and brought me some shirts and dresses. I've been a size 12/14 for years. The clothes he brought for me ranged from size 14-18, and all of them were WAY too small.

I should have put the shirts on 3-year-old, stocky Lily. I'll bet they would have fit her perfectly. But I've already given them away so I won't be able to do that. I'm planning to give the dress to a Nigerian friend who is about a size 7.

I'm quite sure I haven't changed (still wearing the clothes I bought in the U.S. two years ago), but I'm positive sizing/style has changed in the U.S.

6 comments:

Wallestads said...

Hmmm... I like that theory! :) It's hard for me to judge. I still haven't gotten myself back to before Evan shape. However, I almost think that some brands have made their bigger sizes smaller numbers to help our frail egos... What I know for sure is that it is NOT easy to find clothes that fit the right way!

LoieJ said...

I've thought that sizes have increased over the last 20 years, judging by the fact that I've gained weight but I'm still wearing the same sizes. BUT with my last shopping for clothes venture, last week, a number of items that I tried on were too small. Sometimes this is due to styles, like clothes that are designed tighter or short waisted. I hate clothes shopping. Hope you have better luck when you are here.

Anna Sorenson said...

I think the styles are much closer fitting now then they were a couple years ago!

conniez said...

They have so many departments teh sizews could have come from the junior department

conniez said...

With so many shopping options they could have come from the junior department

LoieJ said...

What about the clothing being children's 12's and 14's?