Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lily's Bedroom

Before I traveled, I really wanted to fix up Lily's bedroom in a special way. She now has matching sheets, comforter, and pillow shams. And let me tell you, she does feel special! On the other end of the spectrum, Tobi is pretty jealous!

The Women of Hope made the comforter for me on their long-arm quilting machine. It gives it such a professional touch. One of the Women of Hope came to my house on a holiday last week and we worked on finishing this project together. Vivian didn't say much, but I could tell she thought I was over-doing it for a child. She seemed to find it more acceptable when I told her that Lily's room also serves as our guest room.

The Women of Hope also made the bean bag chair for her. We sell quite a few of these. I had some extra fabric so I made a little matching pillow.

Finishing Lily's room was just one of those special things I wanted to do for her as a way of making her feel loved.

No comments: