Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Traveling around Iowa

How is it possible that life is even busier here than in Nigeria?? I can't quite figure that one out.

The boys and I are on the road now and internet time is very limited. We are basically with a different family or in a hotel every night. Once in awhile, we're in the same place for two days. The boys are pretty good about just going with the flow.

The congregation we visited last night put us up in a hotel for the night. We are fully enjoying the amenities: waffles for breakfast, indoor pool, and internet. We'll check out about 11:55.

While we were shopping yesterday, I suddenly decided to check my wallet for my credit card. It was not there. I searched every possible place it could have been in the car. Then I realized I must have somehow left it in the New Hampton library after I paid a bill on-line on Monday. We were visiting some good friends later in the day, and I knew I could count on them to help me out. I wrote them a check and they gave me enough cash to get by.

I tracked down the phone number for the library and found that yes, my credit card was there. I decided that if I have to lose my credit card, that's a pretty good place to lose it. Before I even called them, they had called the church I had been at and told them that they had my credit card. This is small-town America at its best! When I went to the library, I did not identify myself in any way. I didn't tell them I was a missionary or anything. I simply asked to use their wireless internet.

Well, time to wrap this up if we're going to check out on time!

No comments: