Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My First Marriage

When I wrote the date this morning, I suddenly remembered that today is the anniversary of my first marriage.

I got married for the second time 2 1/2 months later.

I'd love to leave you hanging on that for awhile, but I won't.

Bayo and I married twice: first in court and later in church.

That's not a requirement here, but in our international marriage, it was the prudent thing to do. I use copies of both marriage certificates whenever the situation demands it. Since passports, visas, and adoption are a regular part of our lives, I keep plenty of copies on hand.

By the way, Bayo doesn't have a clue that today is our court marriage anniversary.

(He's laughing now after reading this because I was right!)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

The picture you had taken on your court marriage day sits on our dresser along with your brothers' engagement pictures. I had forgotten the date...thanks for reminding me.