Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Email Scam

Over the weekend a hacker got into my Yahoo account and sent out an email to my entire mailing list. This was a scam, and I just want to let everyone know that I am NOT in London, NOT being held at gunpoint, and NOT asking for money.

I have now regained control of my Yahoo account thanks to a very helpful Yahoo tech support who spent 40 min. on the phone with me.

Thankfully I was able to get into my account and warn would-be donors before they sent any money to the hacker. The only real damage that was done was that the hacker wiped out all of my email contacts in my address book after sending out the fake email. Because of that, I can't send out a mass email letting everyone know that I'm o.k.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed concern in the past few days.

No comments: