Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lunchtime



Yes, cats in Nigeria catch mice and rats, but occasionally they're even quick enough to catch a lizard. This mama cat is enjoying playing with her food before she eats it.

We started having cats a few years ago because I was tired of always seeing mouse droppings in kitchen drawers and cupboards. I haven't seen signs of a mouse now for years--and I don't hear them above the ceiling anymore either.

I no longer have the cats in the house because one of them had an affinity for urinating on the cloth bean bag chair. But just having them in the garage and the outdoors has still prevented the mice from coming back to my kitchen.

1 comment:

LoieJ said...

We are happily pet-less, but I'd get a cat again if I could. Not being able to is the husband saying: 25 years with a cat; the next 25 without a cat. But that cat lasted an additional 5 years, so I guess we'll have to be married 60 years before I get another cat. But come to think of it, we've had mice the last couple of years too. But I'm glad that a cat isn't catching birds here. I think we have a fox that is getting the ground squirrels.