Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Jos Hospital Back Story

Reposted from the Caring Bridge site for Bayo Oyebade

By   a minute ago

As we were in the car on the way to the hospital in Jos on Friday, Feb 20, I texted one of our doctor friends: "Bayo very ill. Bringing him now." The doctor made a point to meet us in the emergency room and get the process moving quickly.
Bayo was cared for by a very competent team of doctors who also happen to be our friends--good friends. Our relationship with them extends beyond the hospital; even our children are friends. 

I saw six different doctors working on him throughout the day and into the night--there may have been more. They really did their best for Bayo. I saw them going beyond their normal duty/time. They were working to save their brother. 

After Bayo stabilized overnight, one of the doctors was absolutely giddy with joy! I saw another doctor come into ICU a bit later and touch Bayo's leg to do a quick temperature check for himself. He was thrilled that his temperature was now normal, along with his other vital signs. We all knew that the major storm had already passed. 

They said we should proceed with the evacuation because Bayo was still very sick, but at least he was now stable enough to travel. Bayo was still not able to speak at that point. God did the major miracle right there in the Jos hospital. The rest of the medical journey was to investigate what the real problem was and to get his body healed. 

We'll always be grateful for the initial work the doctors did on Bayo to help save his life right there in Jos. 

One of the doctors texted me the lyrics to "Always" as we made our way to the hospital in Kenya:

My foes are many,
they rise against me.
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war,
I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way,
My help is on the way.

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always.

Troubles surround me,
chaos abounding 
My soul will rest in You.
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm.
My help is on the way,
My help is on the way.

Oh, my God, He will not delay.
My refuge and strength always.
I will not fear, His promise is true.
My God will come through always, always.

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord.

No comments: