Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Women, Come & Sing

The Women of Hope came out with their first album in 2007. Now they're busy working on their second album. We hope to finish the recording today. Pictured at right is Esther James, HIV+.

Most of their songs are a mixture of English and Hausa. All of the songs are from the public domain except for two that one of our staff members has written.

I have always loved the music of Nigerian women. The drums and local instruments create such an invigorating sound. Most of their music is call and response with various descants woven throughout.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put a couple of their first songs on Playlist so my blog readers can listen. Give me a few more weeks!

If all goes according to plan, we will be selling their new album in the U.S. this summer.

Right now I'm reflecting on what to title the album. Here are a few ideas floating around in my head:
Women, Come & Sing
Rana Murna ~Day of Celebration
We Thank You, Lord

Their music is a powerful testimony of what the Lord has done in their lives. I never tire of listening to it.

No comments: