Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeding the Soul

Tonight I got my guitar out so I could practice a few songs for a presentation I'm giving tomorrow. Lily was right there with me, watching my every move.

She said, "I want to play the guitar."

I said, "When you're older."

"But I'm FOUR!"

I enjoy studying my kids to see what they naturally gravitate towards. It's been obvious for quite awhile that Lily is drawn to music.

I'm still not sure how she did it, but somehow the CD player ended up in her room--permanently. She loves to listen to music as she's falling asleep--Christian CDs and some children's CDs. (We don't listen to the radio, but that's a topic for another post.) It's fun to hear her singing the songs the next day. I believe that music feeds the soul--and I take seriously what we listen to.

No comments: