Thursday, August 20, 2009

African Rainstorm


It's August so we expect a downpour nearly everyday. Today I asked three Nigerian women: Do you prefer rainy season or dry season? All of them responded that they like rainy season because they don't have to suffer to look for water. I said, "But when you wash your clothes, they never get dry in the rainy season." They laughed and said it's true. One lady said she washed her clothes three days ago and they're still not dry. But that is considered a minor inconvenience compared to the luxury of having rainwater every day.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

It's fun to see this aspect since we've only been there in the dry season. Lovely to see the vegetation and the active sky!

karav said...

and I get frustrated because my dryer takes "so much longer" than my washing machine. Wow! good to get perspective:)